How to Adopt out a Cat
There is a binder with all the cat info packs in it. On the front should be a list of all the cats currently in the store. When a cat is adopted please put a line through its name and info.
Here are all the things that go with the kitty.
The info pack. It's in the binder and consists of:
- an info form from the shelter and/or a veterinary record folder/card
- info on how to care for your kitty
- a business card about Small Things
- a page for the shelter. We keep the page for the shelter.
A sample of the dry food they are currently eating .
Make sure they fill out the page that goes to the shelter - name, address, phone number. We keep that one page, they get everything else, including the page protector.
They can borrow a cat carrier.
1. The cat is "on trial" for two weeks - but they pay at the time of adoption so they don't forget. The price is on the shelter sheet in the cat info pack.
2. Within the first two weeks they can return the cat - they can still get their adoption fee back, but after that, no.
3. We need to point out to them that we are not responsible for this cat once it leaves Small Things CATS. And, if they have another cat, they need to isolate for two weeks.
If this is too confusing - just let them take the cat for a two week try out but get their name and number.